hardguy

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Spring At Last

Hi Gang. The weather has been dreamy lately and I'm loving it. Got a shock the other day when Linda, my ex, who still lives in our old apt. on 57th Street, off 9th Avenue, told me that The Ninth Avenue Street Fair was held last weekend. Whaa? This is one of my favorite events in New York. The people watching and food is extraordinary. And if you're a street photographer it doesn't get any better. Nothing about this in the newspaper, nothing on Tv. How weird. You think that they would promote it a little better. Oh well.

I've been jumping on the train and going down to Sheridan Square lately, to Washington Square Park, to people watch and take pics. Some good looking NYU coeds. One odd shot of a guy who appears to be sniffing the crotch of his girlfriend. I titled it Spring Is Here. You decide.
Two of my favorite bars in the Village are The Riviera, right at Sheridan Square, and a few blocks over, Boxers, which used to be Jimmy Day's. I really like hanging out in bars with interesting people in them. Both have lots of windows to check out the local talent going by. The bartender at The Riviera is Tom Loftus, who is also a cartoonist. A good guy with a sarcastic sense of humor.

Speaking of bars, another one that I like is on the West Side, specifically at the corner of Broadway and 108th Street, O'Connells. Had lunch there yesterday (they don't serve food but you can order delivery from several surrounding restaurants). It's surrounded by windows and the girl watching was quite nice yesterday. Funny how it always seems that the girl watching is better in other neighborhoods. Another thing, I live in Kingsbridge and none of the local bars have surrounding windows as in the Village or O'Connell's.
The hot weather brings out the pretty girls in scanty clothing and I'm a happy guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home