hardguy

Monday, January 22, 2007

First Group Show

Well I hung my first big exhibit last Saturday. It was part of a group show at a local Internet Cafe/Gallery, here in Pilsen, the Efebos coffee house at 1640 South Blue Island Avenue. Eight of my framed fine art photos. My girlfriend Marylou helped me. It's a large space and the images hang on an impressive brick wall. However the wall is fronted by banks of computers and leather chairs. I had to stand on a straight backed chair and hammer several nails into the brick or mortar inbetween. It was difficult at that awkward angle and it took a long time. Several of the nails fell out or the works just looked uneven. Finally got what I wanted. A very happy, proud day for me. Later today I will go to Efebos and have some coffee and read the newspaper and just savor the experience. The group show runs until Marrch 2. It's onward and upward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home